MORGAN AND WONG WEEK: DAY 7 - GLEN MORGAN INTERVIEW


So this is it, what you might call, our "Final Destination". Yes. See what I did there. Waited all week to say that. Anyway, you're about to embark on an exclusive interview with Glen Morgan. I will do my best to keep this intro short and brief.

Before I can do that, I have to say thank you to: Glen Morgan, William Johnson, DiRT, Tiffany Devol, John Kenneth Muir, Josef Gunnarsson, Steven Trotter, Graham Smith and of course, my esteemed colleague Troy Foreman. Troy was not only vital to bringing this week together, but supplied the prizes as well.

And on that note - competition winner results are announced at the end of the podcast! Want to know if you've won a copy of Space: Above and Beyond, Final Destination 1-3 or X-Files Season 4? Listen to the podcast - if the exclusive interview with Glen Morgan wasn't enough.



  • You can also subscribe to the Millennium Group Sessions on ITunes by searching for the Millennium Group Sessions and selecting subscribe. The latest podcasts will then automatically download to our ITunes player.
Subscribe to our twitter feed, subscribe to Itunes or simply check back each day to this blog!

So thank you all for reading, listening and watching Morgan and Wong week - thank you for your kind feedback. Any further feedback send to info@backtofrankblack.com.

15 Responses to "MORGAN AND WONG WEEK: DAY 7 - GLEN MORGAN INTERVIEW"

Satori said... February 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I'm at a loss for words! All I can say is- Thank you so much for taking the time to talk about Millennium, Glen. Your work with Darin and Jim engaged my mind, improved the show and inspired me to keep writing. We all appreciate your time and insight. And thanks to everyone who worked to bring this interview to the fans.

Sean Stubblefield said... February 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

i know i'm repeating myself, but it's true: another excellent interview with an excellent guest.
you guys continually impress me; M&W Week is no exception. Part of me wishes more could have been included, but a larger part thinks it had just the right balance & range of content (well, except for a lack of The Others tribute).
I want to thank everyone who contribute to this campaign, whether guest or he fan community.

Regarding an idea for a ____ Week, I suggest "The Women of Millennium". Get Tiplady & Cloke for interview.
Maybe a "Millennium Group Week", featuring actors/ episodes involving Group members.
Maybe "Mark Snow Week", giving tribute to all the shows/movies he has scored.

ps- dude, I won S:AAB!!! so thrilling to close this wonderful Week with announcing my name for a prize.

Anonymous said... February 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM

EXCELLENT interview!!!!! Beautiful job, well done. Glen is a wonderful interview. I will be listening again and again to catch the little tid bits I may have missed the first time around! THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous said... February 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Thank you Glen for spending the time to be interviewed about Millennium and your other works. Very cool stuff! Thanks to Troy and James as well.

Brad Grenz said... February 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Just listened to the podcast. Thank you for such a fantastic interview with Glen. So great to hear him talking with such passion and candor about Space: AAB and Millennium.

It drives me nuts to think about all the features and commentaries Glen had up his sleeve for a Space: Above and Beyond box set only to get completely blown off. For a long time I literally bought every single Fox DVD set I could with the hope they'd eventually release S:AAB. I'm glad to own it, but thinking about the 16x9 transfer with 5.1 sound, commentaries on every episode, original effects and behind the scenes features that could have been makes me regret some of those other purchases... Hey Fox! I would totally buy again if you decide to do a proper job! Maybe it should be on Blu-ray...

I was also really glad to finally hear some of the M&W perspective on Millennium S2. Such an amazing season of television and then just get thrown under the bus in the DVD special features. Really interesting to hear a glimpse of what they thought season 3 could have been.

Anyway, thanks you James and Troy for you hard work getting this together, and thank you Glen Morgan for speaking so long and so honestly.

Anonymous said... February 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Wow that was the holy Grail for me what a great dude Glen is, love his and brothers and mr Wongs work, history making stuff.
Space was shot wide oh man I want to see it in all it's glory with 5.1 sound, I bummed out no extras on it but listening to this podcast today was like the bonus I didn't get on the DVD set, what a great guy to listen to really the best podcast interview to date I'd say, thanks Glen you made my week, oh hell you've made my month , my only regret that it ended, I realize Jim and Troy you were both being polite but I reckon he was keen to keep talking about millennium s:aab and xfiles. Amazing interview what an insight.

Jósef Karl said... March 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Thanks to all who was a part of M&W week. It's been a fun ride while it lasted.

Glad was amazing, very forthcoming and I appreciate that. Now, The Others is not very well known, so I can forgive that oversight, if it was an oversight. I had never heard of it before, not since the Missy Crider interview. I would be quite curious to see The Others.

I really have to start watching my S:AAB box set, bought it ages ago and only watched the first two discs or so.

I repeat once again, if others missed this in previous comments:

Now, while I lament the loss of extras, I befriended a musician through a music site called StereoFame and he has been an extra through a military extras company or something like that. He posted his Chig diaries from the set of Space: Above and Beyond.

I urge you to check that out, many golden nuggets there, and something you'll never be told on DVDs. You just don't think about this stuff when watching those episodes. This made me appreciate the episodes even more.

Note: I recommend turning down or muting the volume since there's a MIDI file playing the S:AAB theme song over and over.

Here's the link to the Chig diaries:
http://www.skymonsters.com/JbCM1.html

I would love to hear more from Glen Morgan and as well James Wong, and it would be a pleasant surprise if we got a word or two from Darin Morgan :D

Now, Glen if you read this. It would be awesome if you could send Troy and James a picture of you in your BTFB t-shirt, that would make Barry Renshaw's day for sure.

I loved that bit in the podcast, "they have a Selfosophy t-shirt!". LOL!

Sean, a Millennium Group week would be awesome, great idea.

And I would like to apologize for the lack of music videos, it's not entirely Troy and James' fault. I've not been very productive on that front, personal reasons, but I'm always there and willing to support the campaign.

Cheers from Iceland!
- Jósef

Luke Sims said... March 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM

This is one of the interviews I wanted after Morgan and Wong weren't in the season 2 making of extra! Wonderful work guys!

Linda Najera said... March 2, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Woohoo! Thank you for the X-Files DVDs! I plan on having a great time showing my high school aged niece how daring television used to be.

And thank you for that great interview with Glen Morgan. Space: Above and Beyond and Millennium were my favorite projects of his so that much detail on them was much appreciated. I especially love how Glen named so many people who worked with him. He comes across as such a gracious man.

Don't worry about mispronouncing my name as nobody gets it right.

Anonymous said... March 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Amazing ! Glen Morgan sounds like such a nice guy can't believe he gave an hour of his time like that, really nice of him.
Facinating stories especially Thomas Wright, wow Hitchcock for a sponsor and I had no idea that was his paintings at the beginning of Rod Sterlings
I liked the story about the older chap that was working as a runner and Glen bought him in to cut the Patti Smith/Kristen Cloke scene, amazing he remembers and respects the crews so much, what a truly cool dude this guy is, I really enjoyed this interview and it's given me some sense of closure regarding Space Above and Beyond too. I love that he is so passionate about that masterpiece he created, I hope that gets the dvd release it deserves.
Oh and lastly I just checked out Glen at imdb.com and I had no idea he and Wong wrote " The Boys Next Door" at collage we watched Dawn Of The Dead and No Apparent Motive over and over again (that was the Australian video title for boys next door) I haven't seen that movie for like 20 years now but urge people to seek it out and watch a young Charlie Sheen and a real nasty Maxwell (grease2) Caulfield, it's a rough ride with some laugh out lound unintentional laughs, we still to this day chant "Bonnie Go Straight, Bonnie Go Straight" after a few lagers, I don't know if it's on DVD but watch it.
Glen thanks for talking to us so kind - you're a decent human being man ! and definately a legend, with S:AAB you are my George Lucas.
Fox made a fortune on Avatar they ought to give some back to the fans and give us a blu-ray release of S:AAB, love to the extras and widescreen to boot!
PS: I love what you did to Millennium in the second season, your style and your brothers got totally ripped off in the 90's man, I remember Xena and Hercules completely trying the quirky thing you guys invented in TV, sorry this is a mess, I'm on an iphone so apologies, Thanks Troy and James that was great fun and you both did a swell job, Id have been nervous as hell talking with someone this legendary.
thanks again
PS: Glen please ask your brother and James to partake in a chat life is short and we'd love to hear from them and you again, especially regarding S:AAb and Millennium ofcourse.

Adam - Australia.

The Sultan of Sarcasm said... March 3, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Great interview! I've been waiting to hear Glen Morgan (and James Wong for that matter)'s side of the story for so long.

It's really disheartening to hear how Fox botched the DVD of Space: Above and Beyond when they could have had a true quality DVD out there. Also, it's sad how FOX wouldn't allow them to do the follow-up to "Home". I wonder if the script was finished when FOX put the brakes on everything?

I am curious about one thing: I've read conflicting information regarding whose idea it was about killing Catherine. A large portion of people say it was Glen and Jim's idea to kill off Catherine. I remember reading an interview in Cinefastique where Morgan and Wong claimed it was Chris Carter, who actually suggested killing Catherine. I have always wondered whose idea it was.

Great coup in snagging Glen. Hopefully, James and Darin will be next.

Randal Graves said... March 3, 2010 at 11:21 AM

What a fantastic interview. I think I might be the only Millennium fan who hasn't seen Space, and though season one is my favorite, over time I've come to appreciate season two much more than I used to (though there still should have been more serial killers, ha) and can recognize the amount of care that went into crafting such unique stories.

elchileverde said... March 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Brilliant work guys w/ the podcast, and of course tons of thanks to Glen for taking the time and being so candid and providing such a down-to-earth interview! Definitely hope you might also get Jim Wong and even Darin Morgan for a future BTFB feature!

Adam Chamberlain said... March 4, 2010 at 11:59 AM

A great and truly insightful interview. As I said in response to the Season Two overview on Day 5, it remains unsurpassed as my favourite season of any TV show, and it was great to hear Glen speak with such candour and at such length about so many of the details, right down to some of my personal highlights that I mentioned in that previous comment too, such as the finale and the act portraying Lara's insanity!

Thanks to Glen and to all for taking the time to make this happen, and fingers crossed that Jim and Darin might just offer to do something similar in the near future: "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defence" is another all-time personal highlight for me amongst a season of so many superlatives.

Baz said... March 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Hi Gents,

Fantastic podcast as ever, and thanks to Glen for taking so much time out to chat. I was honestly humbled to hear how Glen liked the tshirts- and disappointed in myself I didn't get the Lara Means designs ready in time for Morgan and Wong week. I'll definitely get them ready in time for when Jim and Darin are up for a chat.

On S:AAB, it was one of my favourite shows, and had to make do with the vhs recordings off the TV while we waited for a DVD release. After our video player finally gave up, deciding not to get another one, I was ready to get the Region 1 S:AAB dvds, but as Glen mentions, they are disappointing poor releases. This show deserved so much more respect than that. Lets hope at some point in the future the show gets a decent rerelease.

And a S:AAB comic? I remember seeing the Topps miniseries back in the 90's, but if there was ever a new version, I'd be up for drawing that!

Thanks again Glen.

Post a Comment