First Snow

Back to Frank Black would like to extend a very special Happy Thanksgiving to one and all out there. That said, I am actually writing from my home in London, all but untouched by the celebrations in the USA, whilst here in parts of the UK today we had our first snow of the winter, somewhat earlier than usual.

Which neatly (sort-of) leads me into a very special treat for you all. Brittany Tiplady - our very own Jordan Black - has starred in a wonderful short film available on YouTube. Entitled First Snow, it was filmed, edited and directed by Danielle Dobson and tells the story of a girl who falls asleep whilst reading a book and finds herself in a wintry dream world.

On the very first viewing I found this beautifully shot, captivating and haunting. As well as being reminded of a Northern Exposure episode with which it shares its title (another show about which I am passionate, although I'll save that for another day and another blog) I couldn't help but be reminded of Frank's visions of Catherine in The Sound of Snow. Above all, though, it made me all the more excited at the prospect of Brittany and Lance Henriksen getting the chance to revisit and update their superbly realised father-daughter relationship on-screen together.

Still, enough from me. So without further ado, enjoy the film and please do leave feedback for Brittany and/or Danielle to let them know how much you enjoyed it.

2 Responses to "First Snow"

Sean Stubblefield said... November 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM

stunningly beautiful! both in cinematography and portrayal. I especially love her expression when the arms grab her, and the hands clutch her head. so many thoughts depicted simultaneously in a single look: shock, awe, betrayal, pleading, love, hope, fear, doubt, acknowledgement. I am also reminded of Katherine in Sound of Snow. in that episode, Frank comments how he sees Katherine in Jordan, and in this vid, Britt's smile resembles Megan's/ Katherine's. I'm eager for a Lance/Brittany reunion.
I'm curious what the intended meaning of the story is.

Joselyn Rojas said... November 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM

She is sooo gorgeous!! Incredible how Time has passed!

Post a Comment