Avatar Vision Proudly Presents! KABOOM!

Ah, it's that time again, the moment of the week when we unveil another cinematic masterpiece form our apocalyptic videography courtesy of our resident movie alchemist, Josef Gunnarrson. Being the creative soul that I like to think I am, I dusted down Adobe Premiere, plonked myself firmly in the director's chair and had a tinker or two at making a video of my own, let's just the say the results were not pretty which is why Josef's work continues to impress me no end.



If you'd like to contribute a little something to the campaign, how about filming an impassioned plea for Frank's return? Our friends in the X-Files universe collected a number of similar videos and 20th Century Fox were very impressed with the effort that had gone in to them. It's your voice that will bring Frank Black back to the screen, certainly not mine, so we need you to join Frank's army. So till then, dim the lights, draw the cutains, order the pizza and watch another instalment of avatar vision explode, quite literally, from the screen.
  • To befriend Josef at Myspace, view his profile here!
  • To subscribe to our Youtube Channel and view the collection of videos on offer, click here!
  • To visit Josef's Youtube Channel and see his collection of videos and musical perfomances, click here!

11 Responses to "Avatar Vision Proudly Presents! KABOOM!"

Unknown said... August 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Excellent video Josef, I think my favorite one so far! Love Nine Inch Nails also! :)You working on that Lucy Butler one yet? hehe looking forward to seeing the next one. Take care and you are doing a fantastic job.

Laura

Jósef Karl said... August 3, 2009 at 9:26 AM

No, I've not started on the Lucy Butler one.

I'm not sure if I can even use season 1 video with season 2 and 3 as the first season was fullscreen and the others were in widescreen.

I'm not sure if Pinnacle can allow me to have both formats on the same project...even if I plan on either zoom in on the season 1 footage or chop the widescreen image (if that's even possible).

And I don't want to stretch the season 1 footage, always looks bad to me.

And thanks for the nice comment Laura. I like NIN, have pretty much every halo there is, except the ever elusive singles from the Fragile (which are quite useless and overlap too much for to be a practical purchase)..but I'm a collector hehe

Don't be dark!
- Jósef

Mark Ducker said... August 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Never thought of the considerations of mixing one season with another. I am trying, and it's trying me in return, to make something for 'BTFB Year One' celebrations shortly and stuck to just one season to collect my clips but boy is it difficult. Premiere makes it as easy as it can be but for reasons that escape I am trying to use a fairly fast track (it is a celebration after all) and it's making life much harder.

On the point of Lucy Butler, I think Laura is going to use a similar approach to this as the one I adopted for Baz's 'wave four merchandise' i.e. if you say 'Lara Means' enough surely a Lara Means t-shirt will get made (I wonder where they got to actually.)

Oh well TTFN!

LUCY BUTLER, LUCY BUTLER, LUCY BUTLER LOL

RSWehman said... August 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM

One more fine piece of work. Waiting patiently for the Lucy Butler one. Can't wait to see what song you choose.

Great Job. You have a real talent. Thank you for sharing it with us.

This Is Who We Are!!
Rhonda Wehman

Mark Ducker said... August 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I would choose Devil Woman by Cliff Richard which is one good reason why I should never attempt a Lucy Butler montage video ;)

Jósef K. said... August 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I think the Lucy Butler video is a bit far away at this time.

But without having gone through Lucy Butler footage and the feel.

At the top of my mind, Evil Woman (ELO), or Black Magic Woman (Jimi Hendrix, or some cover). But we'll see when we get there, don't we :D

Yep, fast tracks can be hard, I would imagine. When you do a Frank Black or Lucy Butler montages, you better have footage from all seasons, at least for Lucy.

One thing more, I'm not gonna do the videos in order. I think I'll attack episodes that I'm pretty sure what music I'm gonna use and tackle the others after that.

And I intend to do special montage video as well. But obviously I have to have a season worth of episodes or all of them to pull that off. And it takes such a long time ripping one episode, gah!

Be as dark as you like!
;)
- Jósef

Jósef K. said... August 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Actually, I thought of a better track for a Lucy Butler montage.

A track I even considered for the episode Dead Letters, but it really didn't make THAT much sense to use it.

I'm gonna keep the track to myself and I wonder if I can do music videos for those big 3 episodes individually after the Lucy Butler montage.

We'll see...

- Jósef

Foxywonder said... August 3, 2009 at 12:50 PM

As you know I come here every Moonday ☾ for the music videos, I've been downloading the little beasts for my ipod and this is wayyyyyy the best. I love NIN, bring it on. Millennium and NIN - a marriage made in heaven! BRIGHT BLESSINGS ★

Jósef K. said... August 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Foxywonder, thanks for the comment.

I'm glad I've made Mondays a good day for everybody. So they won't be just another manic Monday in the near future :D

But I still can't promise a video every Monday, but I'll do my best.

The trip to London tripped the timing of those, so I've missed the advantage of having 2 videos ready in advance.

And I'm working half the time, and it takes a long time to rip an episode and eventually select and import the clips into the editing software. But once that's done, and I've got a song ready. It's fairly straightforward. I took a 4-6 hour session to finish 522666, when I had all the footage ready to be cut down and rearranged to the music. It really varies, how much trouble I go through editing these videos.

And to answer Troy and Jim's question: How do I have time to do these videos?

Simple, I have no life, LOL! I live outside the city and as the gas prices are high I don't go too much to town, but I do visit my friends when we're all free. And there's nothing really much for me to do outside from work.

But this is fun and challenging.

Happy to be of service.
- Jósef

RSWehman said... August 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Josef,

I am sorry to hear that you "have no life". But, I am thankful that you choose to spend your time making these videos and sharing them with the world. I patiently anticipate your next video.

Keep up the great work for...
This Is Who We Are!
Rhonda Wehman

Wave_Crest said... December 27, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Finally watched this music video on the third attempt, even though the video stuttered during some parts.

I really liked this episode, and having watched it again on DVD a few weeks ago, you can see what the show's makers were aiming to do with the look of the show in the first season.

One of my favourites of the early episodes.There was so much going on in this episode that it felt like it could have been a feature length movie.

Some of the cinemaphotography and imagery in the episode was stunning, and Lance did a fine job in this episode, showing Frank suffering from fatigue whilst still striving to catch the culprit.

Even though NIN is definitely not my kind of music, it was again a nicely edited together music video.

Post a Comment