Muir speaks to Chris Carter.. and BacktotoFrankBlack


Last month, John Kenneth Muir - the popular writer, reviewer and all round repository for cult, horror and fantasy - published an interview between himself and Millennium creator Chris Carter.

We are proud to announce BacktoFrankBlack will be interviewing John later this month - an interview that has been in the wings for nearly a year now. In the meantime, for those who haven't, I strong recommend reading his interview with Chris Carter - an excerpt follows:

JKM: I know that you're paying attention to this. There's been this fantastic movement, and a group, called Back to Frank Black, dedicated to the resurrection of Millennium. The show seems more popular now
than ever. Is a Millennium feature film something you are interested in pursuing?

CARTER
: I would like to do it. But it is going to take interest on the studio side for it to happen. Everyone involved with Millennium has left the studio. The people there now know it ran for three years and that it starred Lance Henriksen, and that's all. You have
to find reasons to interest them.

JKM:
Given that the Millennium is passed -- and without giving away specifics -- what kind of storyline would interest you for a Millennium motion picture?

CARTER:
Considering we're engaged in a War on Terror that is ongoing, I'd like to see Frank and the Millennium Group distill something from that war that is...interesting..


The rest of the article can be read here. It is a long and fascinating interview - I strongly recommend any Millennium fan digesting it.

Though I would thoroughly recommend following John's blog anyhow. We have updates to his blog regularly posted on our Affiliates panel on the right side of this page.

5 Responses to "Muir speaks to Chris Carter.. and BacktotoFrankBlack"

Robin said... January 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

OMG what's happened to this place. There's been barely any content since before Christmas? Where are the new postcards dudes?

TL said... January 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Robin,

There have been at least 10 or so posts since that time. We are posting about the same as we've always posted. Not sure about the postcards, Mark is the one who did those and since he is no longer with the campaign officially, it's up to him if he still wants to do continue doing them. He wants to take a well deserved break.

James McLean said... January 13, 2010 at 5:29 AM

I'll speak to Mark - I think he's happy to do more postcards.

While we're continuing with the same produce (we have a video from Josef tomorrow, DiRt at hand), I do want our content to breathe more this year - I dont' want to see DiRT's work, Josef's or an interview getting knocked down the page too quickly, so we are lessening the day to day release of content a small bit.

At the same time, what you don't see doesn't mean stuff isn't happening - we're working very hard behind the scenes right now to get greater exposure and some very high profile content for the blog.

James McLean said... January 13, 2010 at 6:08 AM

... plus we did shut down over Christmas to NY to prep for 2010. That may also be what you've noticing. But since January 1st we've been back working on the campaign.

Just to offer the fullest reply!

Anonymous said... January 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM

pillyzGuys - I love the campaign and keep up the good work.

Post a Comment