Seven and One: Robert A Knopick!

Time for our weekly rendition of our fan questionnaire "Seven and One" (yes this is weekly for the time being, thanks to the large amount of replies we've had on this front!) This week we have Robert A Knopick, who by all accounts seems to be in love with season 2 - take a look for yourselves! Thank you for your input Robert!

(1). About you.
Robert A. Knopick. 53 Y.O. (how did that happen?). I do independent work for nearby Yale University. I am a big music fan (all kinds), and can be very opinionated about this (black and white, w/ little gray), and most everything else, from books, to movies, to politics or who makes the best pizza. I try to make sense of the world as a scientist first, and only later as a person of faith. I love my 3 dogs, and I'm a huge beer snob.

(2).Why are you a fan?
I'm a fan because I really enjoy the show, Lance and the supporting cast especially. It asks questions and starts conversations. I like to introduce "Millennium" to folks who are unaware of it.

(3). How long have you been a fan?
Day one. I was not especially an "X-Files" fan, but I liked Lance's work, and was hooked from the beginning. This is a happy accident not of my prescience, but that I am old enough to have been there at the beginning, and that because I identify as a person of Scandinavian descent, I was paying attention to Lance's work.

(4). What's your favorite episode?
In keeping w/ Dirt's rule-bending precedents, I'll combine a 2-parter, and name my top five, starting w/ the best:
(A). "Owls / Roosters"
(B). "Luminary"
(C). "Beware of the Dog"
(D). "The Mikado"
(E). "Omerta". If asked next week, I might put in "Bardo Thodol".

(5). Favorite scene?
In "Omerta", Where Frank tells Eddie all he wants for Christmas is to put things back the way they were, having Jordan and Catherine.

(6). Characters in the movie?
Certainly Watts and Lucy Butler.

(7). Why should Millennium come back?
It deserves a better conclusion, though I would selfishly like to see it go on forever. It's return may also introduce it to a new (younger) audience.

(1). Watching now?
Right now I'm watching whatever episode Chiller has in the queue, and waiting for "Breaking Bad" to return.

Please keep these coming and do not hesitate to send us all your thoughts and queries on anything Millennium and Frank Black related and you do not have to use your real name to qualify. If you would like to complete the brief questionnaire I have listed the questions below for your perusal. Email your "seven and one" profile to info@backtofrankblack.com and we'll share you those responses to the Millennium world!

2 Responses to "Seven and One: Robert A Knopick!"

Unknown said... January 29, 2010 at 4:33 AM

I agree - Owls/Roosters is a fave. In fact I have used those two episodes to introduce now many MM fans. The good vs evil theme and the dynamics involved of division inside MG and the need of the Old Man to put it together while using FB and LM [candidates/outsiders] to awaken the MG to who was the real enemy. CLASSIC!

James McLean said... January 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Can't deny the fact that Owls/Roosters was epic Millennium. Morgan and Wong knew how to move a story into something really very big!

Post a Comment