LUCY BUTLER WEEK - DAY THREE - THE POSTCARD DRIVE!


Amidst the competitions and devilish frivolity that is Lucy Butler Week there's a serious mandate bubbling beneath the surface. BackToFrankBlack needs you, it has always needed you and we urge you to join us in one more push to get our efforts recognised by 20th Century Fox.

We know you have written letters and mailed polaroids and we thank you for that, we know you continue to champion us in the places you frequent and we are indebted to you for this but one more push won't hurt. We know you will not let Frank Black down. Let the defiant spirit of Ms. Butler inspire you.


I have designed five postcards, based on the old retro-crime thriller books that peppered the bookshop shelves of my youth (befitting of our own, timeless femme fatale I thought) one for every episode Lucy Butler featured in. What I need you to do is print them off. Doesn't matter what on, just print them.

Write a brief message on the back asking for a Millennium Movie and finish the message with our web address, www.backtofrankblack.com and send these postcards to the address below and we are one step nearer to realising out goal. We will not bring Frank Black back. You will. Let's bring this baby home eh?

Mark x

Send your postcards to the following address:

STEVE ASBELL
Twentieth Century Fox
10201 West Pico Blvd.,
Bldg. 88, Room 132
Los Angeles, CA 90035#


Click to open the postcards in a new window and view them at their true size before printing.





12 Responses to "LUCY BUTLER WEEK - DAY THREE - THE POSTCARD DRIVE!"

Baz said... September 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hi Mark,

Just saw your post about the postcards. They are gorgeous mate. Seriously. I love that Saul Bass era of design. These should be posters, never mind postcards. I'd happily have these on my wall in the studio, and at home.

Let me know if you want to do them as posters. Honestly, I'd buy them all.

baz

Graham Smith said... September 2, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Outstanding work Mark! It will be a pleasure to send one or more to Fox!

Jósef Karl said... September 2, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!!

Mark, this is fantastic!
Damn these look good, devilishly good!

I really can't choose which one is my favorite. I might just mail them all to Fox :D

Cheers from Iceland!
- Jósef

Spooktalklaura said... September 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Oh Lord Mark, that is some trippy artwork, Love it! These are fantastic sir, I would love these as posters as well or even some cool tattoos. :) My printer is down at the moment but will have to see if my daughter can print me out an Antipas one to send in, that one is my favorite. :) Good job. :)

Laura

Anonymous said... September 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM

my god, this is AMAZING!
sublime work, mark!!!
diego

Kasia said... September 2, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Wow! WOW! I will be mailing these liked asked. Then I have to be printing off for framing. Beautiful work. I want to help. Sorry for not goot English. Good luck. Kasia Szyszowska x

M. R. Sellars said... September 2, 2009 at 7:09 AM

One word:

"Sweeeeeeeetttttt!"

Warming up the color laser as I type. :)

RSWehman said... September 2, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Whoa...Mark created these. I knew he was good at webpages and blogs but what an incredible graphics designer you are!!!

I have printed all five on card stock so they will withstand our United States Postal Service. Only in the US when you mark a package fragile, they drop kick it or play football or who knows what. Then again, maybe I am speaking out of place as I do not know what the mail service is like in other parts of this big-big world.

Lucy Butler would be so proud of you Mark. Thank you for the postcards. Fox cannot ignore these, or can they?

Not unlike Frank in Midnight of the Century at the end of the episode when Jordan asks him "who are those people". He just doesn't answer her and that seems to be what Fox is doing.

Has anyone ever heard anything from Fox with regards to all these letters, polaroids and the rest?

Well, just in case Fox is really looking at them, I am mailing all five.

Can't wait until tomorrow to see what Lucy Butler has in store for us.

Don't let Love be Blue. I use to like that song...now I'm not sure.

Want an extra kick to Lucy Butler week? Go back and read the Sarah Jane Redmond interview. It's still top notch.

This Is Who We Are!!
Rhonda Wehman

Mark Ducker said... September 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Thank you for your kind words everyone and, most importantly, thank you for joining us in one more push towards our goal of a Millennium Movie. I appreciate each and every one of you and thank your for your support.

@Rhonda: I have no idea of what Fox thinks of what we are doing or how much of a chance we even have of realising our goal. I have tried to contact them in the past to no avail and myself and Troy have made renewed efforts to this end in the last few days.

If we have any news in the future with regards to this you guys will be the first to know.

This is who we are!

Mark

Vertigo-go said... September 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Lush, just lush. Right up my Ezekiel Street.

I promise to send them all.

Hearts,

VGG

Lisa said... September 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Love these! I'm definitely going to send them all in. I'm also a member of postcrossing.com a postcard-exchange type of website so I'll send these depending on the receiver's postcard preferences, that way maybe it'll spread the word even further around the world! Thanks Mark!
Lisa

Model217 said... September 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I do love the look of all of them.Great job Mark. I wish I had some way to print them on real post cards,but I guess the back of a letter will do. Will send one off by the end of the week.

Post a Comment