Ezekiel Editorial: TIWWAAW


This editorial is a little bit of a minefield. Little silver disks in a muddy field with "backslapper" stuck on them. I don't want this to be about backslappage, more about who we are. TIWWAAW to be precise: This Is Who We Are And Why.

The team, as you may have noticed, has expanded - which was a nerve racking thing to do, given if you're used to a certain dynamic, there's always a fear of spoiling that said dynamic. There has been no evidence of such, which is very encouraging.

For the most part of this year (and a hard personal year it has been, I have to say), myself and Troy have worked pretty much alone with the occasional input from some very dear contributors like DiRT, MR Sellars and Alison Nastasi. So this was quite a shake up.

Now we have a team which is working very professionally and I'm rather thrilled about it. One of the most exciting things for me personally is to have both godfathers of Millennium fandom involved in different ways. Millennial Abyss creator Brian Dixon is a great consultant. He has worked hard brainstorming and putting together the poster campaign. Brian is bright, open to ideas and from my experience always very positive in his approach to problem solving. The second godfather, so to speak, is Graham Smith of TIWWA is more of a silent supporter, but his support and contribution should never go unheeded. He supports the website financially and asks for nothing in return, but is never forgotten. If there is a technical issue, he's the first person to turn to and always has an idea to solve any problem. So having these two people who inspired my interest in Millennium helping us is very exciting. You'll see links to their respective sites down the side of this page. Please visit.

We also have Adam Chamberlain from Fourth Horseman Press - Brian's cohort, who has again being working as a direct consultant and helping on the blog. Both have a regular series planned for the blog too. Watch this space. Adam is very British. Calm, well mannered - easy to rib and very easy to talk to. Personally I prefer ribbing him than talking to him. There I go again. Can't stop teasing the chap.

Joselyn Rojas is a very talented video editor who has stunned Lance, Mark Snow and Tom Wright by her work. She's integral to the upcoming projects and the provider of those wonderful Movie Poster videos. A talented and dedicated individual who is enthused and smart. She's bubbly to the point of exploding. If she likes an idea, you'll know straight away.

Currently, while not team members, Avi and Tiffany from X-Files News.com are also major players in the future for BacktoFrankBlack. With such close connections between the shows and their extensive understanding of campaigns, it would be insane for both groups not to have common ground. These two are fun girls but serious when it comes to business. Never to be under-estimated!

And then there's Lance. He'd be upset if I said he's vital to the campaign, but his support cannot go unnoticed. He drives ideas, pushes the team and challenges what would normally be considered impossible. We're all a unique bunch, be we staff or fans, and that's a point he always stresses - that he is no more important than anyone else who cares about Millennium, but he does have a very active role and interest in the campaign, the concept and the fans - as those who have joined his Facebook page will know - and that page truly fascinates him. He loves seeing what the fans think and do. This guy flares up with an idea and then he'll not stop until its realised. It's his gift. It's his cur- well, no, just a gift really.

Finally, Troy, who never runs out of juice. Always there to join up the dots and push the envelope. But you all know that by now. Essentially he is the anti-me. And that works somehow. Easily amused, rarely tired and always, unswervingly a believer.

But that's the people involved right now. Brian, Adam, Lance, Joselyn, Troy and myself - with Avi and Tiffany throwing in some exciting ideas and Graham there holding us up so we can do this stuff. Our regular contributors are there too - DiRT, Murv, Alison.. all in the wings. All working in different ways but all working together.

Each year comes and I wonder how we'll top the previous year. I think we're topping like we've never topped before. Was this backslappage? I hope not. I'd like to think I can tell you what we're currently about, who we are about and why without it turning into a "aren't we great!!" post. We are all just fans - and I like to think by occasionally letting you guys know how we're working gives you an insight into what's happening and perhaps humanises the campaign somewhat, gives you an idea of who these people are.

And who am I? Well just like Zaphod Beeblebrox, I'm just some guy, you know?

7 Responses to "Ezekiel Editorial: TIWWAAW"

Joselyn Rojas said... September 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I never knew how much my life would change when Troy asked me if I could do a video in a week. I never knew the Friends I would make and love, the Challenges they would bring to my lap and leave me sleepless in preparation, and most importantly, to find out that I could Set myself to do them. No obstacles. No pressure.

THIS IS WHO WE ARE AND WHY

(I need a tshirt with this lmao)

TL said... September 22, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Well Joselyn..I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. There was a reason your videos out of all the xfiles vidders stuck out to me, there was a reason that Brian A. Dixon decided to jump back into Millennium and bring the talents of Adam Chamberlain. There is a reason that James and I hit it off so well so long ago on my podcast show. It all happens for a reason.

Anonymous said... September 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM

thanks for the update, jim. i've been travelling a lot for the past 5 months with barely enough time to check the site. this is the first entry i could sit down and read calmly since may, and it was a pleasure, as usual.
thanks to everyone involved in the campaign. your work will one day bring back frank black, be certain of it!
thank you, thank you.
diego

Adam said... September 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

This is who we are, indeed!

James McLean said... September 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Hope you've enjoyed your travels Diego! Thanks for the kind words!

tdevol said... September 23, 2010 at 9:24 AM

This almost brought a tear to my eye. Well done James. XFN is very proud to be working with all of you. You have welcomed us into the "Millennium" fold as little sisters and we very much enjoy working with you guys. "The X-Files" taught us that no one gets there alone and so your campaign has become our campaign. After all, this is who we are.

Brian A. Dixon said... September 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM

You've been very kind, James. Thank you for all you've said, and for doing all that you do to hold this campaign together and guide it forward.

Post a Comment