Avatar Vision proudly Presents - GOODBYE BROKEN WORLD

Well time flies when you're having fun and once again we arrive at Music Monday™, that moment when our video-meister Josef unleashes his latest cinematic offering on the unsuspecting masses and this time it comes endorsed by the star of the show, Van Quattro, as I was able to give him a pre-release screening, if you will. Josef has done some stunning, and quite tireless, work for us of late and it is always a joy when his latest release drops into my inbox. Without further ado, everyone head for the back row with your popcorn and let the show commence (extra kudos to these keen eared souls amongst you who can name the famous film the music from this clip features quite prominently in.)



Contributing something to our Youtube profile is an undeniable way of promoting the campaign, generating interest in us and keeping our troops entertained in the process. Now I know people don't always have the time to commit in the way that Josef has, but a simple recording of yourself calling for a return of Frank Black is a wonderful way to support this campaign and I would be eternally grateful for any donations of that kind.

So before you head off to mail another batch of postcards to 20th Century Fox (your mission for the day) leave us a comment or two, show your appreciation for the hard work Josef does for this campaign and tell us what you think of his work. He keeps track of all the comments he receives and responds to any questions so don't be shy, make a new friend.And whilst we are on the subjects of postcards, the response to those published earlier has been very enthusiastic so it is my intention to produce a card for every episode that Josef captures in video. To see the address to send these postcards to, and to view others you might like to send, click here!

Mark x
  • To visit Josef's Myspace profile and check his original music compositions and more besides, click here!
  • To visit his Youtube profile and see his video collection including those he does for BackToFrankBlack, click here!

18 Responses to "Avatar Vision proudly Presents - GOODBYE BROKEN WORLD"

Bayles said... September 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Great job as always Josef!
This is another one of my favourite episodes. The dark tone set by following a serial killer from his guilt holding him back; to his coming out and finally his demise is incredible. Great work capturing the mood of the episode.

Jósef Karl said... September 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Hey, Mark.

Thanks for the nice blog, and the anticipated Van Quattro quote.

And another stunning postcard! You just are full of surprises, Mark!

Sort of has a X-mas feel to it, neigh neigh...hehehe...

Wonder what you'll do with the next one ;)

ps: Sorry to correct you, but Broken World was written by Robert Moresco & Patrick Harbinson. At least, they were credited as such.

Cheers from Iceland!
- Jósef

Mark Ducker said... September 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Josef

How right you are! Truth be told, it was crazy-mad last week and looks to be the same this week and I was rushing like the proverbial blue-arsed-fly to get everything together for the deadlines I have pencilled in. Looks like Mr. Carter has been given undue credit as a result. He did create the series I guess, maybe that's my get out of jail card ;)

Steve said... September 7, 2009 at 5:11 AM

Very nicely done, as always. So these come approved and endorsed by the cast these days do they? Willi Borgsen, he says 'yeah'!

Gotta give that man his due, he pulled off one of the creepiest performances in Millennium and it's one that quietly seeps in to your subconscious after multiple viewings.

Borken World - what a current meme that word is. Again, Millennium knocking the ball out of the court long before its time.

FoxyWonder said... September 7, 2009 at 6:21 AM

★☆Video Man Strikes Again★☆

Broken World scares me silly. Call me a girl, which I am, but I was raised in Grayslake, Lake County, Illinois and as a child my sister always rode horses, she lived and breathed them so I have something of an ♥♥affinity♥♥ for them. I guess that makes the end of Broken World all the better when Willi get's what he deserves ☠

Didn't get the music question that was posted, it's familiar but I can't recall a film. Anyone help a blonde out?

Jósef Karl said... September 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Mark, I figured it was just because of the hectic nature of the devilishly blue week we just had.

I've always liked the episode, and my favorite moment is when Willi is on the phone with Frank Black. Willi shouts the quote I put in the intro and I just love the intensity that ignites on Lance Henriksen's face. And wham! Throws the phone to the sherrif. What a scene. Plus, I always liked the last exchange between Frank Black and the horse doctor. - "You ride?" - "Yeah" - "I thought so". And nothing more was needed to say.

Plus that scene where Willi is watching the woman brush the horse and all that. In fact, all the scenes with Van Quattro, he was great as Willi.

A very solid episode for so many reasons.

The music quiz, this version is a cover of a track that was played over a very famous scene parodied/mimicked in Clerks 2.
I've already said too much.

ps: I put that Thank you, so I would have to write any comments ever...but I can't resist writing comments...too tempting.

Cheers from Iceland!
- Jósef

George said... September 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Oh I can help you out with that one: the music you are looking for is "Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus ans the film it's most remembered for is "Silence Of The Lambs". It's in the scene where Buffalo Bill dresses up for fun (if you can call it that.) Perfect song choice Josef, once again.

So glad you used the clip of Willi revelling in the afterglow with that wonderful lens-flare that really crowns the shot. Robert McLachlan is one of the best cinematographers to lens a production, Millennium still retains its visual richness because of him.

Keep up the good work.

Jósef Karl said... September 7, 2009 at 6:52 AM

George, you know what, I love that lens flare shot and always intended to cut to that shot at that point in the track, but I did slow it down for the sake of the timing of the track. Plus, I really wanted to see more of his celebration, but they needed commericals...I guess.

Man, you beat me to the punch.
At least there's no repeat information :D

Cheers from Iceland!
- Jósef

RSWehman said... September 7, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Good-Bye Horses from Silence of the Lambs???

I wonder, is that it?

Wonderful job Jósef...again.

Broken World is a really good episode. Van Quattro is a believable lunatic. When he's dancing around covered by blood, that is staunch reality!!!

The postcard is wierd yet as Jósef Karl said...kinda has an Xmas feel to it. So much for a one horse open sleigh to grandmas house. Makes me think twice about being in a stable alone.

Great job guys!

This Is Who We Are!!
Rhonda Wehman

RSWehman said... September 7, 2009 at 7:53 AM

This version of Good-Bye Horses is in Clerks 2???

I'm gonna have to check it out.

Thanks again!
RSWehman

Jósef Karl said... September 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Actually, it's the original version of the track that's in Clerks 2, just like in Silence of the Lambs. (And it was even featured on a radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV!)

Jay did even dance like Buffalo Bill and said the lines from that film.

When I saw the film, I didn't even know that, I don't remember much from Silence of the Lambs.

- Jósef

Sarah said... September 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM

And Chris parodied the Lambs scene to this song in Family Guy as well. My, aren't we a knowledgeable lot today :)

I thought Van Quattro was really unnerving in this episode. Quite chilling actually. The scenes where he goes a little loco are very unsettling and it was a welcome break from the SKOTW format by being a little creative with the formula.

Lovely video Josef. BTW there's actually a film called ''Van Quattro'' I've never seen it but I wondered if anyone knew if it was named after the man or not.


Smooches, S xx

Mark Ducker said... September 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM

If you think the Lucy Butler Video was cool just wait until you see the next one. The next one has played constantly on my iPod since I received it. Here's my thing, I know you guys will love it ;)

RSWehman said... September 8, 2009 at 7:25 AM

@Mark,
Nice teaser. I for one cannot wait until you post the next video. Give us a hint?

No, that would be cheating...

This Is Who We Are!!
Rhonda Wehman

Mark Ducker said... September 8, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Oh Rhonda, I already did give a teaser. Is that cryptic enough lol

AgentOrange said... September 8, 2009 at 10:09 AM

What a super video and from a super episode. I do wish they had followed that theme up a little more during the first season. That evil wasn't merely man against man but then I guess they touched on that more fully during the second season of the show.

Been following you guys for a while and don't always have time to leave a comment or two (sounds lame I know) so forgive me for that.

Maybe Josef could help me out with a video of my own in the future ha ha.

RSWehman said... September 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM

@ Mark
Thank you for being cryptic with me. Thats wonderful. I am truly laughing out loud and my husband is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Thanks!
;)

RSWehman

Wave_Crest said... December 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM

One of my favourite Season 1 episodes on it's first transmission (I think I first saw it on ITV), "Broken World" came at an interesting time in the season, coming after the "Lamentation"/"Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions" two-parter and before two other bona-fide Millennium classics from Season 1, "Maranatha" and "Paper Dove".

I thought the story in "Broken World" was very good. I never tire of looking at horses. I think they're majestic creatures.

The music was a really nice piece of music. One of my favourites so far.

Post a Comment