Postcards From The Edge!

As I've no doubt said, ad infinitum, we couldn't do without you guys and last week allowed us the perfect opportunity to encourage everyone to join the campaign by sending a series of postcards to 20th Century Fox. It is always encouraging to know that we have supporters who feel as passionately as we do and will go that extra mile and rally to the cause.

My thanks to everyone who wrote in and told us they had mailed postcards to 20th Century Fox, I appreciate each and every one of you and please keep up the good work. As you no doubt know, this campaign has been active for very nearly a year and with no news to report, as of yet, it is imperative we don't lose faith, hold fast our resolve and double our efforts. Let's use our second year to ensure we Bring Back Frank Black: that's what we are here for when all said and done.
Additional thanks to Josef and to John for sending photographs of their completed postcards and I encourage each and every one of you to do the same and follow Josef's lead in the process and send them to Frank Spotnitz as well. It doesn't hurt to demonstrate to those that care about the franchise that we are still very active in our efforts to see it return.

Mark x

  • To read more about the postcard drive and to see a number of postcards we hope you will considering sending to 20th Century Fox, click here!

    13 Responses to "Postcards From The Edge!"

    RSWehman said... September 9, 2009 at 6:41 AM

    Great photos! Great people!

    Thanks to Jósef and John.

    I hope to get mine out by tomorrow.

    This Is Who We Are!!
    Rhonda Wehman

    George said... September 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM

    Outstanding work Josef and John. I too sent all five postcards but didn't think to photograph them. I will send more in the near future and ensure I send a postcard your way.

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM

    I stopped by the post office today to mail those postcards to Fox.

    I honestly don't know why the people at Big Light titled that mailbag letter as Postcards From The Edge.

    It baffles me, you would think, The Edge from U2 would have sent them a letter or something :O

    Or is Iceland on the edge of their map...? :/

    I did write something silly connecting to each postcard on the back of them, to encourage Mr. Broidy to green-light a Millennium movie.

    Cheers from Iceland!
    - Jósef

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM

    You can spot Jennifer 8, which starred Lance Henriksen.

    And bunch of other good horror films as well.

    Shame that the postcards were in the way of Near Dark, which I will bring with me to Flashback Weekend.

    - Jósef

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 8:22 AM

    And Nowhere Man, which Megan Gallagher was in, and Mark Snow did the music for that show.

    And you can hear on some Millennium tracks a few nods to that series.

    - Jósef

    Mark Ducker said... September 9, 2009 at 8:55 AM

    I wonder if the 'Postcards from the Edge' bit was in reference to Carrie Fisher's book, and subsequent film, of that name? It just seems that when people attempt to think of a catchy sound-bite or title that's connected to 'poscards' they tend to recall that book/film.

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM

    People have to be careful when they quote something.

    I've never heard of this Carrie Fisher thing.

    They could have just as easily said something everyone would get, like the Postman Always Rings Twice or something, and that doesn't make any sense.

    I don't know...the Edge...hehe...silly.

    - Jósef

    Mark Ducker said... September 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

    How about 'That's why Mum's go to Iceland?'

    No one outside the UK is going to have a clue what I'm talking about.

    Chances are, no one IN the UK will either.

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM

    Mark, I've lost you there...

    Unless you're talking about the Icelandic band "múm"...

    One confused Icelander.
    - Jósef

    RSWehman said... September 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM

    Mark and Jósef

    Just for the heck of it, I searched the phrase...
    "Postcards from the Edge".

    The results were astounding. But that doesn't explain 'That's why Mum's go to Iceland?'

    You are both correct. You certainly lost me.

    I checked out the Flashback Weekend website. I am so jealous of you Jósef. If or should I say when, you see Lance Henriksen, pass along a fond hello from me, if you can. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that your connecting flights don't cause you any grief. I will be with you if only in my mind.

    Sending Good Vibes from the USA
    You guys are great!

    This Is Who We Are!!
    Rhonda Wehman

    Jósef Karl said... September 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM

    I will most likely have to sleep at the airport as I probably don't have enough time when I land in either New York or Boston to get on a plane to Chicago.

    So I have to take a morning flight...bummer...but I'm still in research mode regarding the flight and hotel. I think I've found some cheap hotels not too far from the airport nor the convention center.

    I wouldn't be going if I didn't have my discount from my work.
    I'm trying to use all my tickets, because flying is really expensive when you're buying normal full price.

    - Jósef

    Spooktalklaura said... September 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM

    Aw, Josef, you are so cute!!! :D Great picture. My printer kicked the bucket so I cannot print anything out unless I get my college aged daughter to do it for me so lets see I guess I will get my postcards sent in sometime around never!! haha I will figure something out! :)

    Wish we were going to Flasback but are not able to do so. It would be so nice to meet you and Mark and escpecially James(googly eyes)
    :D

    I will say a little prayer for all you guys that your flights will be safe and error free. :)

    Laura

    Spooktalklaura said... September 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

    I meant to say would be nice to meet you, Troy and James... don't know where my head is at tonight.. I don't think you are going to Flashback are you Mark?

    Laura

    Post a Comment